2016 saw a growth in the popularity of video as a content marketing format. From 360-degree videos to Facebook live, marketers are responding to audiences’ shorter attention spans by making content more interactive and visual.
Video content, especially on social media channels like Snapchat and Instagram has provided marketers with an amazing way to reach their consumers.
The average user spends almost two hours per day watching videos online. While every medium has seen growth since 2011, none have grown as much as digital video.
Video is growing to dominate your audiences’ online activity:
- 78% of people watch videos online every week
- 55% watch videos online everyday
12 Important statistics you need to know about video marketing:
- 86% of online video marketers use video content.
- 22% if small businesses plan to post a video in the next 12 months.
- 66% of B2B organisations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns.
- 90% of online video views are between the ages of 18-34.
- There are 22 billion daily video views: Snapchat (10 billion), Facebook (8 billion) and YouTube (4 billion).
- 5% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% will stop watching after 2 minutes.
- Video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click through rates.
- When you use video on social media, your audience is more likely to engage with it in some way.
- When you use video, you have a 53 times higher likelihood of ranking on the first page of Google.
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching video.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
If you don’t already have a video marketing strategy in place for your website and social media you’re definitely missing out on a great opportunity to reach and engage with your audience. To find out how Changeworks can help you with your video marketing please call us on 01785 247588 or click here.